The Clay Studio is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. We believe you have the right to privacy on the web. This notice sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and process the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us e.g. your email address and other personal information when you sign up;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
any other information that you choose to send to us.
The Clay Studio website uses ‘cookies’ to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise pages, or register with the theclay.studio site or services, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of The Clay Studio services or other websites you visit.
More information about our cookies is available at theclay.studio/cookies-policy
3. How will we use your personal data?
Personal data submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy notice or in relevant parts of the website. We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications e.g. marketing communications relating to The Clay Studio
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not sell, rent or share your personal data with third party organisations.
4. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy notice. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy notice applicable to the website in question.
5. Other disclosures
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere in this privacy notice, we will disclose information about you only when required to do so by law.
6. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. You are responsible for keeping your user details confidential.
7. Notice amendments
We may update this privacy notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to our privacy notice by email.
8. Your rights
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. On receipt of proof of identity and a written request, you may have a copy of any information that we hold about you. Please e-mail email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.