Summer Retreat France: 24 June – 1 July
7 night creative retreat in Southern France
Including 4 days of pottery, led by our wonderful teacher Helen, in The Mill France’s beautiful airy studio. Including varied hand building processes and outdoor firings exploring Raku and Obvara techniques.
Enjoy free time to relax, wild swim, walk and embrace the French country way of living! Tucked away on the banks of the River Cernon, close to the village of Saint Georges St Luzencon.
Nathalie Edwards is your host for the retreat, providing comfort and delicious home cooked meals throughout the week, and excursions to nearby attractions…
Your time at The Mill will include:
- Creating clay vessels and forms using diverse building techniques, including kurinuki
- Experienced support through all processes and outdoor firings.
- Japanese Raku firings, an ancient technique bringing vibrant colour and finish from fire
- An exciting finale to the week of pottery – a fiery Obvara RakuIn addition to the course activates led by Helen, you will be nurtured at The Mill, resting in comfortable bedrooms, plenty of communal areas to enjoy, including the peaceful Library, and outdoor seated areas to relax in.
- Rustic Mediterranean inspired meals, featuring locally sourced produce will be served outdoors under our shady Pergola.
- River swims on the doorstep, and plenty of walking/ hiking trails directly from The Mill.
- You will have the opportunity to visit the Farmers Market in the bustling Medieval heart of Millau Town Centre.
- And the chance to visit the Millau Viaduct Centre for those of you who have an interested in Norman Foster’sMasterpiece.